The mission of CCPS is to produce graduates who are responsible citizens who are prepared for college and careers. To accomplish this mission, CCPS is committed to ensuring that through a collaborative, research-based, decision-making process students are provided effective, purposeful instruction which results in high-levels of learning.
NMS promotes a culture of learning with a focus on students via decision-making, infrastructure, instructional practices, professional development and relationship building within the whole school community.
Northern Middle School will promote a culture of life-long learning with a focus on developing students who are college and career ready for the 21st century. We believe:
- Diversity among our school community is recognized, admired, and respected
- Rigorous instructional practice and differentiated instruction, which embraces advances in technology, will develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills within our student
- Data-based decision-making and positive relationship building are key components of creating an effective and productive learning environment
- Students should embrace their responsibilities and roles in the learning process, while educators serve as positive influences in the educational and social development of their students
- Collaboration demonstrates the value of teamwork as a life skill for college and career readiness
- Our community is a valuable resource to help prepare our students to be productive citizens